The Texas State Affordable Housing Corporation (TSAHC), helps Texans buy a home for themselves and their families. The Home Sweet Texas Home Loan Program offers home loans and down payment assistance to low and moderate-income families.
- Fixed Rate Loans
- Up to 5% Assistance to help cover down payment and/or closing costs
- You can choose to receive the down payment assistance as a grant (which does not have to be repaid) or a deferred forgivable second lien loan (which only has to be repaid if you sell or refinance within three years).
- Low fees
- No First Time Buyer Requirement
- For First Time Buyers, can be combined with Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC).
- Credit scores as low as 620
- Income limits vary by county
- No max DTI w/AUS approval
- FHA manual underwrites allowed up to 43% DTI with no additional fee (640 minimum FICO score required)
Fill out the form below to be contacted by a participating lender: