My Choice Texas Home offers All Homebuyers the opportunity to bridge the financial gap to homeownership by providing down payment and closing cost assistance with flexible options, competitive rates and an easy closing process. Zero percent interest, repayable and forgivable options. Whether you are a buying your second or third home or you are a first time homebuyer, My Choice Texas Program offers exceptional flexibility to make your dreams of homeownership possible.
The Texas Homebuyer Program is brought to you by the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) and available statewide through a network of participating lenders. The Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs is the State Agency responsible for affordable housing, community and energy assistance programs, Colonia activities, and regulation of the state’s manufactured housing industry.
- NO first time home buyer requirement
- 30-year fixed interest rate mortgage loans
- Down payment assistance and closing cost assistance up to 5% of the loan amount
- Available statewide through a network of participating lenders
- Homebuyers can choose to use low rate government-backed Loans (FHA, VA, USDA) or a conventional (FNMA HFA Preferred) loan product.
- Includes Single Family Homes, Owner Occupied Duplexes and Manufactured Housing
- Available to qualified home buyers from all professions
- Income limits apply
- Minimum credit score of 620
- Other requirements may apply
My Choice Texas Home mortgage loan cannot be combined with the TDHCA Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) option.
Fill out the form below to be contacted by a participating lender: