My First Texas Home offers First Time Homebuyers the opportunity to bridge the financial gap to homeownership by providing down payment and closing cost assistance with flexible options, competitive rates and an easy closing process. Zero percent interest, repayable and forgivable options.
The Texas Homebuyer Program is brought to you by the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) and available statewide through a network of participating lenders. The Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs is the State Agency responsible for affordable housing, community and energy assistance programs, Colonia activities, and regulation of the state’s manufactured housing industry.
- Available to first time homebuyers, veteran or a homebuyer who has not owned a home within the past three years. Also available to those purchasing in a Targeted Area
- 30-year fixed interest rate mortgage loans
- Down payment assistance and closing cost assistance up to 5% of the loan amount
- Available statewide through a network of participating lenders
- Government Loans (FHA, VA, USDA) loan products
- Option for dollar-for-dollar reduction on federal tax liability through the Texas Mortgage Credit Certificate Program*
- Includes Single Family Homes, Owner Occupied Duplexes and Manufactured Housing
* Available to first time homebuyers only. Buyers can maximize their benefits when they combine a Texas Mortgage Credit Certificate with a mortgage loan.
- First time homebuyer, veteran or a homebuyer who has not owned a home within the past three years
- Income limits apply
- Purchase price limits apply
- Minimum credit score of 620
- Other requirements may apply
Fill out the form below to be contacted by a participating lender: