Texas Mortgage Credit Certificates save Texas first time home buyers on their federal income taxes. The Mortgage Credit Certificate Program option is available to Veterans and First Time Homebuyers applying for a first mortgage through the program, and as a stand-alone option. This certificate entitles you to a dollar-for-dollar reduction on your federal tax liability. No minimum credit score requirement with the stand-alone option. Supplies are limited, so act fast.
The TDHCA Mortgage Credit Certificate will be issued based on the following tiered structure; effective July 1, 2020
- Mortgages up to $175,000 = 30% MCC Rate (maximum $2,000 tax credit)
- Mortgages above $175,000 = 20% MCC Rate (no max tax credit)
- Dollar-for-dollar reduction on federal tax liability per year for as long as you owe on the mortgage loan and live in your first home.
- $2,000 max tax credit for mortgages up to $175,000
- No max tax credit for mortgages above $175,000
- Available to qualified first time home buyers from all professions
- No minimum FICO (credit) score for Stand-alone MCC option (MCC Only option)
- Available statewide through a network of participating lenders
- Buyers can maximize their benefits when they combine a Texas Mortgage Credit Certificate with a My First Texas Home mortgage loan!
- First time homebuyer, a veteran, a homebuyer who has not owned a home within the past three years, or a property located within a Targeted area.
- Income limits apply
- Purchase price limits apply
- Other requirements may apply
Fill out the form below to be contacted by a participating lender: