TSAHC offers Mortgage Credit Certificates, also known as MCCs, to first-time home buyers. An MCC is a mortgage interest tax credit that reduces the amount of federal income taxes you pay every year. MCCs are specifically for first-time home buyers who are eligible for the following programs:
- Homes for Texas Heroes Home Loan Program: for teachers, fire fighters, and EMS personnel, police and correctional officers, and veterans.
- Home Sweet Texas Home Loan Program: for Texas home buyers with low and moderate incomes.
*Please note: Under the MCC Program the sales price of the home you wish to purchase can not exceed certain Purchase Price Limits.
- Reduce your federal income tax liability every year
- Save thousands of dollars over the life of your mortgage loan
- Exclusively for first-time home buyers (defined as anyone who has not owned a home in the last three years)
- No minimum credit score required if used with a non-TSAHC fixed-rate mortgage loan
- Can be combined with TSAHC’s Down Payment Assistance and FREE for Texas Heroes also using TSAHC’s Down Payment Assistance. Some exclusions apply. Contact a lender to learn more.
- Available statewide through a network of approved lenders
- Income limits vary by county. Expanded income and purchase price limits available in targeted areas.
- MCC may be reissued if the home loan is refinanced (certain conditions apply).
Fill out the form below to be contacted by a participating lender: